Tuesday 7 February 2012

food, glorious food

Living in Africa, where the numbers of starving people increase daily, I feel completely guilty at the fact that I HAVE TOO MUCH FOOD!
Like so much in life, its feast or famine here on Ouland Farm and at the moment, still with the memory of last year's drought  in mind, we are producing an abundance of food.
Tomatoes, tomatoes, tomatoes. I am selling, eating, cooking, freezing and handing them out, but they keep on coming! The brinjals, marrows, beans, basil and lettuce have also just got into the swing of things and are multiplying daily.
And as if the hens have got wind of this time of abundance, they too are producing with gleeful abandon.
So, like they say, enjoy it while it lasts, because before long the days will cool down and so will the crops.
After being inspired by Barbara Kingsolver's book, Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, I envisioned myself toiling away in the kitchen making all sorts of delicious dishes from my assortment of homegrown veg, but thanks to "real life"of motherhood and all that goes with it, all I've managed to do is cook and freeze kilo's of  chopped tomatoes for pasta's and stews - hardly worth writing about....maybe next summer I'll come up with some unique ideas worth publishing in a world best seller.

<a href="http://www.blogpingtool.com%22%3eblog/ Ping Tool</a>
<a href="http://www.hypersmash.com/hostgator/" id="VM303">hostgator promos</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment